Friday, July 24, 2015

"Fun Friday" Link-Up

 Topic: Lego Robotics

I'm excited to share with you an after-school extra curricular course for elementary students that was offered at my school last year... Lego Robotics!  I was able to help (and by "help" I really mean learn alongside) the kiddos as they build running cars, monsters, and other creative contraptions.  It was so fun to see kids, who may struggle in class, shine in this area!  My goal for next year is to find a way to get more girls to sign up and build and program robots with Legos!  I'd love to hear any ideas from you regarding how to get more girls involved in STEM/Lego Robotics. :) Thanks!
Kids first built the robot then programmed it by writing a code on the computer.

This activity facilitated cooperative learning, problem solving, and perseverance. 

Thanks for checking out my "Fun" post!  Click the link below for more Fun Friday ideas! :)

Lots of Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment