Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"Wonderful Idea Wednesday" Link-Up


My "Wonderful Idea": Flipping Class Content Lessons into Shareable Google Slides

I've dabbled with "flipping lessons" for a couple of years now, and I've decided to dive in this year with my 6th grade resource class.  My working definition of a "flipped lesson" is one that provides the content for students to learn where they choose, how they choose, and provides them the freedom to take breaks, ask questions, backtrack, etc.  I'm using the University of Kansas Writing Strategies program, and I'm in the process of converting the material into Google Slides.  Doing this will allow us to use class time for working, creating, and problem solving!  Here are a few screenshots of my work in progress.

I'm planning on addd some videos and voice to my slides... Students can also comment with questions or ideas at home, study hall, etc. 

























Thanks for checking out my "wonderful idea"! I'd love to hear about your use of Google and/or flipped classroom lessons! :) 

Check out other linked-up bloggers here!

No comments:

Post a Comment